Today, February 07, 2011 I decided to take a trip to Liberty Lagana Furniture in Meriden to shop for a bedroom set as I have seen ads for their store on Craigslist, it is somewhat close to my home and it seemed they had nice furniture at a reasonable price.Upon arriving at the store, I found that it was on a main road in Meriden with lack of store front parking, I then saw a sign that stated there was a parking lot in the rear of the store for Liberty Lagana customers, I proceeded to travel to the rear of the store to park my truck when I was approached by a older gentlemen who had introduced himself as the owner of the store, he had asked me if I could move my truck to another parking spot because it was in his way and he had ice/snow to clean up.

I moved my truck out of his way and I was then approached by him again and I was very rudely told that the parking lot I was in was only for customers of the furniture store and that I should park on the street somewhere. I tried explaining to the man that I was a potential customer of the store and was shopping for a bedroom set and was planning on making a purchase, I even tried showing him that I had googled the address to his store on my phone and had the address to his store entered into my GPS. he continued to be very rude and told me that he did not think I had any intentions of shopping at his store, he did not want me as a customer and that the store was closed on Mondays anyway, and I was just using his parking lot because i had to go to the Meriden Court which is right across the street, I was then told that if I did not leave the property immediately, he would call the cops. I have never been to the Meriden Court in my life and certainly did not have intentions or reason to go there today!

Upon further research, I found that the store is indeed open on Mondays.

This morning, I went out of my way to withdraw cash out of my checking account and take a truck I wouldn't normally drive to travel to this store and purchase a bedroom set, and instead I did nothing but waste my own time and money as well as receive the worst treatment I have EVER in my life experienced as a customer.

I have never formed a complaint with the BBB or any other consumer complain bureau before even though I have dealt with some less then perfect business experiences however I felt the treatment I received from the owner of Liberty Lagana was so horrid and unprofessional, that people should be made aware and some kind of action should be taken.

Had an Experience with Liberty Lagana Furniture?

Comments

I have to agree that Liberty Lagana has the poorest customer service I've ever experienced."After" they get your money, they are downright RUDE, inconsiderate, mean, and have no regard for the customer.

I've never dealt with RAC or Aaron's because I usually pay for my furniture outright so I can't compare to them, but I can attest that dealing with Liberty Lagana is horrible; no respect for customers and in my experience, they do not stand by the products they sell. Once it is out the door they have a no return policy on their furniture I was told by them "after" my sale. Also, delivery window was totally off base - when I had to go back to work 4 hours after they said they would be there, I got yelled at and hung up on and told I'd have to wait another 2 weeks for delivery.

Good old customer service has clearly gone out of style in that store!Horrible.

Hartford, Connecticut, United States #664153

I am so pissed at the fact that people take their time to come and talk *** about liberty on the website !I have been their faithful customer for 2 years and since day one never ever had a problem.

I believe that if they feel disrespected in their property they have all the right to get upset.

If they are so bad like you say they are then go back to rent a center which will ripp your behind off or aarons which will as well rip you off...I am satisfied with liberty no complaints I rather stick to them than to all these fake furniture stores that rip you off selling low quality at triple price liberty lagana is the bomb diggity bomb you retard!!

to current liberty customer New Britain, Connecticut, United States #1104398

That's true. I never have any problem with liberty Lagana owners or workers they been nice ppl with and the price are good better then RAC or aroons I'm very satisfied with liberty no complaints at all

to current liberty customer New Britain, Connecticut, United States #1227630

I agree with you I been a costumer for the last 9 years never have a problem with none of them they always bring my stuff in good condition and if I see something that is broken or lose I call and they send someone back home to fix it for me liberty Lagana is a good place to buy for furniture good prices and good plan payments u can never compare with rac Aarons or any other those companies that what they doing is getting your money fue a lot quality furniture or poor quality of mattress. 4 me I'm my experience liberty lsgsns furniture is the best furniture company I ever meet.

How would that person be able to be a customer when he wasnt even let inside???

As a business owner, I cannot engage with people who threaten me and my staff and use foul language in front of other potential customers.I had good reason to believe that this person was not a customer of my store and was actually loitering in my parking lot.

I take great pride in my store's reputation of excellent customer service as proven by our A+ Better Business Bureau rating.If this person would have walked into my store and been an actual customer, he would have experienced the same outstanding customer service Liberty Lagana has been providing to everyone for more than 75 years.

to Liberty Lagana Furniture #1104408

Agree I never have a problem with lagana furniture at all I have purchase all my house stuff from liberty .

to Anonymous Boston, Massachusetts, United States #1227631